Highland_laddie

W&P still selling tickets

I know the subject of cancellations has come up on the Dorset Steam Fair thread - I thought it best to start a new thread.

Just browsing Milweb and was surprised to see a 'new' advert for the W&P show.  I followed the link and the web page says they are monitoring the coronavirus situation.  However they are (or appear to be as I didn't complete the process) still selling tickets.

A quick check of their T&Cs states the following

10. TICKET RETURN, REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICY
There are no refunds available on any orders.

While I appreciate that this is a commercial event I do feel that to continue selling tickets with a zero refund policy is not playing fair.

I do hope that no more people get stung at this stage......

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I have spoken to the W&P owners re. refunds,, Please scroll down to read my post at the end

Edited by Nick Johns

Hi Nick,

thanks for doing that and posting on this thread and on the other.  I hadn't checked the other thread today and thought it best to start a new one.

I agree it is good that you have had that response, I would just say thought that it wouldn't be difficult to post both the information about awaiting further government clarification and the commitment to a refund on the front of their website where the current statement on COVID 19 is.

Cheers,

Julian

Even if it goes ahead there is a small chance people from abroad might not be able to go because of travel restrictions. Still its a few months so things may change before that.

I think this more to do with money either way they cannot loose if goes ahead or not because they will have insurance cover

On a slightly different tack, a number of events, military and otherwise, have now been postponed until September.  I have to wonder, even if HMG regulations allow them by then, how many people would turn up anyway?  No-one, especially the organisers, would want to see half empty fields or exhibition halls.  A clean break until next year might be better all round?

Andy

I think we all know how this story is going to end..............

14 minutes ago, andym said:

On a slightly different tack, a number of events, military and otherwise, have now been postponed until September.  I have to wonder, even if HMG regulations allow them by then, how many people would turn up anyway?  No-one, especially the organisers, would want to see half empty fields or exhibition halls.  A clean break until next year might be better all round?

Andy

I'm inclined to think the other way, assuming restrictions have been lifted,  any show that is on would be well attended. Exhibitors will be eager to get to some kind of event, and Joe Public will be desperate to take the kids somewhere because they've spent half the year trapped at home.

2 minutes ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

I'm inclined to think the other way, assuming restrictions have been lifted,  any show that is on would be well attended. Exhibitors will be eager to get to some kind of event, and Joe Public will be desperate to take the kids somewhere because they've spent half the year trapped at home.

Interesting, isn't it?  Both are perfectly valid arguments yet diametrically opposite.  It will all depend on individual perception of risk.

Andy

• Like 2