Nice photo John!  I also have an (enormous) adjustable in the boot of my car as part of my "scrapyard salvage" toolkit.  It's easier than carrying around the 1-1/2" open-ended spanners and similar needed for hydraulic unions and the like.  Provided it's realised they are an emergency/get you out of trouble aid, that's fine!  🙂

Andy 

20 hours ago, Scrunt & Farthing said:

I am equally convinced that the number of tools, of the same size, shape and form is directly proportional to the number of sheds you have.  It is a truism that a tool will always be hiding in a different shed to the one you are actually in, and where the tool is needed.  It thus follows that you must acquire more tools of the same size/shape/form to counteract this effect.  But there lies folly - it  only exacerbates the phenomenon.  The adjustable spanner is like cooking lager (or Fosters as it badged locally) - whilst unpalatable, it serves a purpose.

I may christen this law "Scrunt & Fathings' Law of Walking Back and Forth betwixt sheds"

Dave(S&F)

Absolutely correct. Add to that tool boxes on tractors and plant  and still when you need a particular tool, it's not there. The wander about  checking tool storage in different sheds  storing gear can be gainful often finding the item you were looking for a few days ago. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Scrunt & Farthing said:

I am equally convinced that the number of tools, of the same size, shape and form is directly proportional to the number of sheds you have.  It is a truism that a tool will always be hiding in a different shed to the one you are actually in, and where the tool is needed.  It thus follows that you must acquire more tools of the same size/shape/form to counteract this effect.  But there lies folly - it  only exacerbates the phenomenon.  The adjustable spanner is like cooking lager (or Fosters as it badged locally) - whilst unpalatable, it serves a purpose.

I may christen this law "Scrunt & Fathings' Law of Walking Back and Forth betwixt sheds"

Dave(S&F)

You also forgot "its not where I left it"

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Sorting hardwood jacking blocks and wheel chocks, Scoches.

SAM_1450.JPG

SAM_1451.JPG

SAM_1452.JPG

SAM_1468.JPG

SAM_1469.JPG

Edited by john1950
correction

Posted (edited)

A few more the first one is really usefull when working on batteries, and the last when a brew is handy.

SAM_1497.JPG

SAM_1498.JPG

SAM_1499.JPG

SAM_1500.JPG

SAM_1501.JPG

Edited by john1950
addition
  • Haha 1

Genuine authentic  ' gardening tools' ,, the sit comes after.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I have been looking for some of the airlines and connectors some I have not seen for a while.

SAM_1502.JPG

Edited by john1950
addition

Some more bits from another box. Very small grease guns and a stange gripper.

SAM_1503.JPG

1 hour ago, john1950 said:

Some more bits from another box. Very small grease guns and a stange gripper.

The small grease gun on the extreme right is a Tecalemit one supplied with WD motorcycles during WW2

Thanks, I did not think to look for any markings before I put them back. I was looking for a claw airline connector and they caught my eye.