COVID-19 a story to cheer you up - hopefully

Surveyor

I think it is a relevant topic as most the people in here are in the susceptible age range.  Also it is an unprecedented event.

interesting info yesterday on the news was that people with A blood types are 63% more prone to serious symptoms.

So be a safe as you can.... if you refuel your car wear gloves

Another funny story on Wednesday I received an email from a well know supermarket store saying I was in a venerable group due to my age, still trying to pick my kids and others off the floor, 57 this year.

Thursday logged on no longer a vulnerable person, some logic there  lol

I'm not taking any chances, being an auto electrician I have self insulated.

Joking aside I have come out of retirement to drive artics for a supermarket company.  We are gradually getting back to normal  as suppliers have in many cases ramped production up by 50% and we are working round the clock but there are still plenty of retards abusing the system by stockpiling perishable food which will have rotted long before it gets used.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

As an aside, but co related to the topic here.  Last night at 8pm there was thunderous applause on my Estate outside.  As everyone Nationwide, stepped outside to Clap with Support. & to show our Wonderful NHS & Carers. How much they are appreciated.

To Me personally, this shows the backbone of Decency that STILL prevails in this Country. Dispite the selfish & inconsiderate idiots that abound sadly.

• Like 2

Weird times indeed.

We are under restrictions in the netherlands.

Trying to keep distance while shopping is difficult, some people just are stupid.

I have sometimes a bit of a smokers couch (never smoked!), so am afrain to couch while outside in fear of starting a panic stampede. So I travel to Backyardville, Islamabathroom and Balconia. It does give me time to finish my Galactica models...🙂

Anyway, stay safe all and hopefully we'll be able to pick up where we left off soon.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, fesm_ndt said:

I think it is a relevant topic as most the people in here are in the susceptible age range.  Also it is an unprecedented event.

interesting info yesterday on the news was that people with A blood types are 63% more prone to serious symptoms.

So be a safe as you can.... if you refuel your car wear gloves

I also read that men are more likely than women to die from the virus. As an over 70 A pos male I’ll just have to rely on my sense of humour to see me through. Please take care, one and all.

Well I'm a KEY worker! 😇 The public are always winding me up! Seriously though, all that seems to be  on the road are Cyclists, Boy Racers and wannabe Evil Kinevels!

Notice though how the key workers like bus drivers, dustmen, cleanears etc are the 'Unskilled or Semi Skilled catagory 🤔

Edited by Tony B

7 hours ago, Enigma said:

Weird times indeed.

We are under restrictions in the netherlands.

Trying to keep distance while shopping is difficult, some people just are stupid.

I have sometimes a bit of a smokers couch (never smoked!), so am afrain to couch while outside in fear of starting a panic stampede. So I travel to Backyardville, Islamabathroom and Balconia. It does give me time to finish my Galactica models...🙂

Anyway, stay safe all and hopefully we'll be able to pick up where we left off soon.

used to be you coughed, to cover a fart. Now you Fart to cover a cough! I'm here all week Folks! 🥳

• Like 1

Well I 'm going back to work on Monday, I should have been in Vienna this week, but that had to be cancelled. Curiously before I finished work last Friday I helped to prepare 15 Man SVs and 30 HEBE Land Rovers, just in case the army needed them. Let's hope that they won't. 

The Virus affect on normal life

Thursday  23.3.20 phone call at 0800hrs to inform me that the Isle of Man was closing it boarders on Friday the 27.3.20 and the last ferry was at 0215hrs for Heysham, just 13 hours time.

I was in the East Sussex  360 miles away from Heysham to take my Dingo home to Laxey the following week.

This is when former MTO training steps in even if we have been discarded by the MOD for having survived for to many years. Four hours later on way to Heysham arriving a few hours before sailing time, arriving in Douglas with NBC kit and full gas mask at 0600hrs and a full police reception committee waiting.

Could have sold the gas mask several times, but got home to a 14day isolation period to a safe and sunny island.

Stay safe everyone, none of use are exempt from the virus, our vehicles need us. Mick

dingo5242.jpg

DSCN1214.JPG

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

How is everyone going?  I heard a second wave might be going through the UK.

We have been quite lucky in the state i am in here in Australia as the government closed our borders and had strict controls but also helps that we dont live piled on top of each other.

Anyway I hope these make you smile, stay healthy

FB_IMG_1601481999611.jpg

FB_IMG_1601482043262.jpg

• Like 4