Jump to content
Kyle_b

Anyone know about this?

Recommended Posts

It’s a voltage dropper and connection unit for a 1950s thornycroft. 

It drops 24v to 12v to run the coil, this part seems to not be working. 

Are replacements available? Or do I have to go for a modern unit? I’d like to stay as period as possible. 

Thanks

kyle. 

 

EA11687C-E294-40CB-A5AB-83F90091B6F2.jpeg

92993308-420C-404C-B4AC-9B86D13A928D.jpeg

54BBA748-C9EF-43F6-8747-0CBA415CE56C.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear Kyle,

 

Is the engine Rolls B60 or B80?  If it is, it looks like a bog standard unit which should not be hard to acquire or repair.  Clive will be able to tell you the correct resistance.  There will already be threads on this forum about it.

It should be an easy problem to fix!

 

John

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Kyle_b said:

It’s a voltage dropper and connection unit for a 1950s thornycroft. 

It drops 24v to 12v to run the coil, this part seems to not be working. 

Are replacements available? Or do I have to go for a modern unit? I’d like to stay as period as possible. 

Thanks

kyle. 

 

EA11687C-E294-40CB-A5AB-83F90091B6F2.jpeg

92993308-420C-404C-B4AC-9B86D13A928D.jpeg

54BBA748-C9EF-43F6-8747-0CBA415CE56C.jpeg

That is a Rolls Royce B Range engine. The unit you show was fitted to all kinds of military vehicles, ie Ferret, Saracen, Leyland Martian, Humber FV1600, etc

try Richard Banister for parts 01797 253211

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ignition junction box, C.A.V. No.1 Mk 2 W5868/21, FV141517, LV6MT4-2920-99-805-6273

Quite common. There is some coverage:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 7:59 AM, attleej said:

Dear Kyle,

 

Is the engine Rolls B60 or B80?  If it is, it looks like a bog standard unit which should not be hard to acquire or repair.  Clive will be able to tell you the correct resistance.  There will already be threads on this forum about it.

It should be an easy problem to fix!

 

John

Thanks for your response! Yeah it’s a rolls b80! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:02 AM, Richard Farrant said:

That is a Rolls Royce B Range engine. The unit you show was fitted to all kinds of military vehicles, ie Ferret, Saracen, Leyland Martian, Humber FV1600, etc

try Richard Banister for parts 01797 253211

 

Brilliant so helpful thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2020 at 8:05 AM, fv1609 said:

Ignition junction box, C.A.V. No.1 Mk 2 W5868/21, FV141517, LV6MT4-2920-99-805-6273

Quite common. There is some coverage:

 

Amazing thank you! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to sort it guys! Thanks for all the help! Many more questions to follow I’m sure! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...