Abbot pack lift

diesel1

Recently found a split injector pipe on the abbot, so its a pack out job.

Never lifted a pack before, ive got everything disconnected apart from the oil, fuel, electric lines to the bottom corner of the radiator,

is it best to lift the pack a little then disconnect them? any other tips would be very helpfull, not a job im looking forward to!

Andrew

My usual question - have you got the manual?  🙂

The manual says to pull the pack out without disconnecting any of the cables or lines other than the steering box oil feeds, just spin it round 180 degrees once it's clear of the vehicle. I'm not convinced as it increases the risk of breaking something, so I lift the pack until you can get at the junction panel and then disconnect.  This shows the pack going back in, nearly ready to connect up.

Andy

IMG_7243aw.jpg

Had a pipe fracture on an Abbott  here. Local diesel injection shop made a brand new one. Old one fractured as  one of the anti-vibration clamps that fit on the pipes between pump and injector had come loose allowing the pipe to oscillate and fail!

3 hours ago, terryb said:

Had a pipe fracture on an Abbott  here. Local diesel injection shop made a brand new one. Old one fractured as  one of the anti-vibration clamps that fit on the pipes between pump and injector had come loose allowing the pipe to oscillate and fail!

Yes, mind necked off at the injector, was down on power and not starting too good when cold. Considering she was only running on 5 cylinders she didn't sound too bad when running, surprised at that. 2nd injector at the radiator end, any other one and I think I could have repaired it without pulling the pack. I will borrow the pipe off my spare pack! Hoping I can change the pipe without taking off the heat exchanger, very limited room! Will see when the packs out.