FV432 collector filter fuel pump/Air vent/bleed hole

Richardfv432

Hi Chaps

Here is some information I have received from a company that I would recommend for sound advice. There are some valid points, about the pump.

Where did you get the info from stating it’s a witness hole ? as far as I remember we’ve never seen that hole on any of our castings, possibly an earlier version of the pump ? the pump is what 60 years old? Maybe there was a design change when it was adopted for the warrior ?

Im not sure how that hole would have access to the lubrication chamber between the seals, if you look at the cross section below the 2 seals are number 10 (the item between the seals is a wick that holds lubricant) the hole in your pics are on the motor side of the mounting flange ??

Part of the EMER even says to fully submerge the unit to water proof test the pump! If you do this you have risk of water getting into the area between the seals..  which would not be good!

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, 09EA50 said:

Thanks to Clive, Wish I'd found this before starting my own refurb of fuel pump.

Is the any useful info in "P 428/1 Pump, fuel pressurizing, No.2 Mk 1. Inspection Standard. Aug. 1976 "

Yes there is, it gives flow rates for different pressures & different voltages. It is only one page but at the moment I am unable to upload it. I have no broadband & reliant on an EE mast behind several hills. The service is slow but has for the last few weeks got worse. Emails can take a day to arrive, opening even a speed testing site fails because it is too slow to open the page, other web pages can take 5 or more mins to load or give up. I bought something on eehbay last week from the point of sale to the order & payment being accepted it took 1 hour 35 ins. So those who complain of a slow broadband just be grateful you get something coming through!

I'll try at odd times to see if I can hit a few magic moments when it may work. But it may have to wait until I get a satellite connection as I am fed up with daily texts from EE expecting that the service will be back to normal within 15 hours : (