1929 Leyland SQ2 WW8761

Scrunt & Farthing

On 5/12/2020 at 3:52 AM, Scrunt & Farthing said:

Ah Andy, now there is a nice switch.  It looks like it is the same as fitted in this picture:

5095361_L000173.O.Chassisonly.Chassis.19-8-19.RPlan.thumb.jpg.9ee592cf53a76446ce344f9c563f0a6c.jpg

If you zoom into the dashboard you can see the switch is in some kind of frame or mount... and oddly telling the same time!

Per your question, yes that would be very useful and as Zero-Five-Two has rightly mentioned I do not want to push my luck... or perhaps I have.

The shape of that scuttle suggests the chassis is for a charabanc body.

Doug

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Mag drills are available used on eBay for reasonable money. Reasonable enough that I have one. 

Though I do feel that the format of the Rotabroach Adder looks like it might be better in tight spots like old vehicle chassis. (I see some new ones for £450 on eBay today, which is a lot cheaper than normal, but still not cheap) 

• 4 weeks later...

Never seen that type of compensator used on a tandem rear, the usual way was a simple rocking beam between the springs.  It looks like the chassis brace was extended to catch the springs if the chain failed.  Either way was not a great success as linking the rear of one spring to the front of another forms a reactive system that transfers weight from one axle to the other under acceleration and braking.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...