Bedford QLR? in service during the troubles

gwrightoy

I recently visited the Apprentice boys museum in Londonderry and came across a photo of the army out the back of the Masonic Hall barracks on the city walls probably guessing in the very early 70s. I noticed a radio vehicle in the photo and upon closer inspection I believe its a QLR. I never seen a QL in any Northern Ireland troubles photo before. Sorry for the poor quality. 

IMG_20200215_144741.jpg

2 hours ago, gwrightoy said:

I recently visited the Apprentice boys museum in Londonderry and came across a photo of the army out the back of the Masonic Hall barracks on the city walls probably guessing in the very early 70s. I noticed a radio vehicle in the photo and upon closer inspection I believe its a QLR. I never seen a QL in any Northern Ireland troubles photo before. Sorry for the poor quality. 

The last QL's in service were those with command bodies (ie QLR) and I know of one that was still in service in 1975 with Royal Engineers, but that would have been one of the last. The one you show in the photo was probably used in a static role at that time.

I never seen one in a photo over here before. I put it on the QL Facebook page and somebody recognises the reg and now owns it. I have asked the museum to send me the whole of the picture as there was another odd vehicle in it and  a better close up of the QLR. Thanks for your input. Graeme 

Edited by gwrightoy