Jeep geek from Dorset

OzH

Hi all, my name is Aubrey (60s baby and parents with a sense of humour!!) and I live near Blandford in Dorset.

I was about 12 watching “A bridge too far” where James Caan, playing Sgt. Eddie Dohun, was driving a Jeep up the side of a hill, bumping all over the place without any problem, decided then, one day, I would own one

Many years later, having drooled over Jeeps and anything to do with them, in March 2018, I managed to buy a 1943 MB that I have restored and have had running (on and off) since Easter 2019

My wife thinks I’m barking mad as we had both served in the British Army, me 25 years, she (a mere) 12 years, where we spent the majority of our time maintaining our vehicles

My current project is a “not very military” Yellow VW campervan for her ladyship but it does mean we can go to shows together!

I'm hoping my next project will be a trailer for the Jeep

8528694.jpg

20190422_132028.jpg

• Like 5
  • Up 1

21 hours ago, ashley said:

Hi Aubrey,

great looking jeep. Have you attended may local shows? 

cheers

Ashley

Thanks Ashley

I took it to the Three Oakfords Show in Shillingstone, Vintage Nostalgia, Newbury retro (blew the head gasket on the way up) and Rock n Ribs at Henstridge as well as the Poole quay get together.

I'm still new to this so not sure what is on when, always open to suggestions..!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Aubrey, welcome to the forum and thats a lovely looking Jeep.

You should come join in our little informal gathering of MVs at Haselbury Mill on June 28th. We've been doing it every year for god knows how long and we used to hold it at the Windwhistle Inn before that.

All the best, Richard

1 hour ago, Scammell4199 said:

Hi Aubrey, welcome to the forum and thats a lovely looking Jeep.

You should come join in our little informal gathering of MVs at Haselbury Mill on June 28th. We've been doing it every year for god knows how long and we used to hold it at the Windwhistle Inn before that.

All the best, Richard

Thanks RIchard, it’s in the diary. Hopefully see you there

• Like 1