Wanted Rolls-Royce B40 MK2 engine

landy-men

YES that's the one funny years after l left the museum a friend that had been a CHERTSEY sent me a file on some of the prototype  land rover's that had  been there Cuthbertson tracked  and the file on B40 81 inch with a lot of stuff from HUDSONS chassis numbers drawings   most of what they did in the conversion but to late for the museum  

1 hour ago, landy-men said:

Hi,

Yes we are restoring an 81"land Rover.

Does your 81"LR by chance have a later Mk5 Champ engine? my Brother converted a B40 L/R a very long time ago and fitted a new  mk5 engine as the original Mk2 was scrap, the l/r was seen more recently in dealers barn in Cornwall ?

Edited by Nick Johns

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Nice to hear another 81" Landcover on the way, the B40 engine fitted to the Land Rover was a Rolls Royce Engine and so had BSF Threads, as the Champ had the Austin B40 with UNF threads with can be tapped out,

Early champs I hear did have the Rolls B40.

I think they mad about 47 of these, But I came across list that some were sent to Australia,

best check the Land rover web site

I worked on one back in the, late 1970's which the Patrick collection(Birmingham) later bought.

They were know to brake the rear diffs.

regs

Rupert