430 series steering box oil

johann morris

Thanks Andy,

It's for my panzer 2 replica so I didn't think that buying a manual was worth while. I saw a video on you tube which showed the dip stick but my unit hasn't got an integral dip stick so I assume that the 430 series has a reservoir for the steering box oil which is where the dip stick is situated.

Jon

To reinforce what Dale and Andy have said:

SAE30 in the engine, transfer box, automatic gearbox, steering gearbox, fan drive system and road wheel hubs.

EP90   in the final drives..

ATF (eg any version of Dextron) in the fuel pump governor

Hydraulic oil in the crane of a FV434

Note that the capacity shown in the manual includes the oil cooler heat exchanger and quite a lot of pipes. I doubt if Jon will need an oil cooler on his Pz2 as it is much lighter and he won't be invading Poland (I hope).

David

Thanks for the input everybody, I think I heave all the information that I require. David, I have put an oil cooler in for the steering box but because of it's position it will probably be of little use.

DSC06117.thumb.JPG.1d8468f4cf0ea38f25417d353b327b64.JPG

I couldn't fit it under the radiator with the others, so If it is actually required, I intend to fit the dust extraction / cooling ducts, that were on original PZll's. These ducts ran from  behind the radiator, where the fan caused suction, to the steering brakes. My plan would be to fabricate a housing around the oil cooler and connect a duct to this housing, of course how efficient it would be is open to debate and testing. You can see the duct in the picture below.

877084723_13319814_10207592971196351_3119595167595852132_n_LI(2).jpg.3aee6ffd5d1c983e23746a977ba975e4.jpg

Jon