Waterworks

Anyone got a deactivated MKII STEN ?

I'm fabricating a non functional replica STEN mkII and need just need to know what the thickness of the butt plate and grip piece steel sheet is ?

And the spacing and diameter of the holes in the barrel sleeve. 

Thanks.

1 hour ago, eddy8men said:

IMG_20191217_214412_9.jpg

IMG_20191217_214535_1.jpg

IMG_20191217_214614_9.jpg

Thanks that's perfect, can you tell me the thickness of the sheet steel used on the grip plate ?

Are there 3 sets of 3 holes equally spaced around the tube ? 

Yes, those plans aren’t accurate, there’s some dimensions that if you follow, they won’t fit. Also, they are different to the original so aren’t interchangeable.

The whole front barrel trunnion is different, you can’t even compare dimensions as they are so different. The  face of the trunnion should nearly in line with the magazine opening, the one  in the plans is something like 4mm out. Also the ejection port is almost parallel with the mag opening, a real STENs ejection port is something like 20mm further back.

The original sizes will be in inches imperial so what looks 6mm or near would most probably be 1/4 inch 6.35mm etc etc

14 hours ago, Waterworks said:

Thanks that's perfect, can you tell me the thickness of the sheet steel used on the grip plate ?

Are there 3 sets of 3 holes equally spaced around the tube ? 

yes they are. The thickness on the grip plate should be the same.

Edited by BC312

The threads are out to, the TMH cover is held with 2 x 2BA round head screws the same as the mag release catch retainer screw. The barrel nut, if I remember correctly is 22TPI UNS.

I'm only really interested in the external dimensions as my replica will have the barrel and barrel sleeve fixed in place, no trigger mechanism, and no way to feed cartridges from the magazine.