Hi y'all

Andy K

Welcome to the forum very nice Christmas present for you.  If you have any questions at all about your jeep don't be afraid to ask in the appropriate sub forums there is a huge resource of knowledge both technical and historical on HMVF and people are always willing to help or direct you to another source of information.

Pete 

7th August 1942 according to the plate, just been imported from the US so it's been a long time getting to the ETO xD I've got the US title and that gives me an owner and address so i'll put something in the post to him to see if i can find out what's been done and any history. By the looks of it it's had a lot of work done, even had fuel stabiliser added and noted on the fuel cap, so i get the feeling someone knew what they were doing but you can never be certain so i'll give it a good going over and service. Other than a binding front brake and a leaky radiator cap, all looks well so far, fingers crossed.

27 minutes ago, Andy K said:

7th August 1942 according to the plate, just been imported from the US so it's been a long time getting to the ETO xD I've got the US title and that gives me an owner and address so i'll put something in the post to him to see if i can find out what's been done and any history. By the looks of it it's had a lot of work done, even had fuel stabiliser added and noted on the fuel cap, so i get the feeling someone knew what they were doing but you can never be certain so i'll give it a good going over and service. Other than a binding front brake and a leaky radiator cap, all looks well so far, fingers crossed.

Very nice indeed from your photos it certainly looks like some one has made the effort.

My GPW is 2nd week of April 1942, I recorded the restoration of this one here in the HMVF restoration forum

1 hour ago, Andy K said:

I'm sure there'll be a few surprises found on mine, hopefully they'll be positive ones but i'm going to enjoy myself tinkering and driving it whatever.

Good for you that's the spirit !!

At the end of the day these trucks are 78 years old and no matter how good the restoration is there's always a little tinkering required to keep them up to scratch and on the road it's all part of the experience you may find this site interesting if you haven't found it already https://forums.g503.com/  but be warned you'll need more than one brew to work your way through all the information there.  

look forward to following your progress 

regards

Pete

Thanks Pete, I've been talking to jeep owners all over the country this year at shows etc, one of the guys at Howarth 40's weekend put me onto the G503 forum, loads to read there as you say.

I'll post up successes, fails and events :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...