Can anyone identify these jeep seats

grey on top

They came off a Willys MB. However, they do not look like standard, particularly the kick plate on the back of the drivers seat which protects the fuel tank. Also the is a thread bolt hole near the fuel sender hole. On the back seat there is no swaging ribs in the base of the rear seat. The seat back cushion where it attaches to the frame is similar design to an MA, I'm confused!

Thanks everyone for your help.

They came off a Willys MB. However, they do not look like standard, particularly the kick plate on the back of the drivers seat which protects the fuel tank. Also the is a thread bolt hole near the fuel sender hole. On the back seat there is no swaging ribs in the base of the rear seat. The seat back cushion where it attaches to the frame is similar design to an MA, I'm confused!

Thanks everyone for your help.

Thanks Nick,

I had a feeling that the kick plate was a "field modification"! That said what do you make of the drivers seat, I am curious about the threaded hole near the cut out for the fuel sender. What might this bolt hole be for?

On the passenger seat can you suggest what the bracket is for?

The back seat, what feature(s) suggest that it is Hotchkiss? I have failed to find any pictures of  Hotchkiss seats on the internet

many thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Can anyone else add any more information about the rear seat. The difference from a standard jeep seat is that there is no swaging in the seat base. Then on the back of the seat back the horizontal cross tube is round with studs to attach the seatback cushion.

Its unlikely to be a repro because of the differences. Might it be Hotchkis?  I am not very familiar with these post war vehicles.

Thank you

seatimage2.jpeg

seatimage1.jpeg

seat image0.jpeg