Stuartarmytank

FV 432 Fuel pump

I have two pumps in need of overhaul...if you find it let me know....I sent mine to Marcus but the one he sent back didnt work...really time consuming. and that reminds me not sure they replaced that one.....

There was a firm who used to overhaul them but I can't remember the name.  I suspect that's who Marcus sends them to.  I've had a couple from Marcus with no issues at all.

Andy

Andy were you thinking of Marcus Engineering (Wirral) Company Limited they refurbished carbs etc vehicles in NI. Some years ago I ordered a lot of carb spares from them, but they seemed to have ceased trading under that name in 2003.

the seals and rear bearing were available locally they are standard sizes. 
The front bearing is the impeller shaft housing , it needed a light hone as previous work had damaged it. 
assemble the armature into the forward pump housing. assemble the rear motor housing onto the field case (brushes out)  then place that over the armature and secure with two screws. 

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

There is a felt washer between the two front seals . I soaked them in moly grease . The rear bearing is a bronze bush . I sprayed it with moly cote and put moly grease in the void between the end of the armature and the top of the case plugged the hole with a felt seal to hold the grease in.