Miltary green canvas wanted

FourFox

I am making some accurate reproductions of the 19 set canvas radio covers for the wooden and steel baseboard installations.

I have been using the dark green canvas (rear cover flaps) from Bedford MK that I have used as a ground sheet for some years now, which have proved an ideal match for the 1950s original that I am copying. I have now run out and need some more slightly worn canvas in dark green and also in olive drab (or near) colour for the wartime ones. Can anyone help? It takes about 2 square metres for each cover. Any old damaged tent covers will be perfect as new canvas of this weight is difficult to find, expensive and not the right image for 80 year old radios, even in good restored condition.

I have owned quite a number of 19 sets for many years and have decided it is time to begin assembling complete outfits for display. I have found a local source of second-hand oak floorboards which has proven to be excellent in reproducing the wooden base-boards. The steel fittings are not much of a problem for me as those that have seen my workshop or my other steel reproduction projects will understand!

One other thing that is proving difficult to reproduce for the base boards is the soft rubber angle mounts for the 19 set and the shorter ones for the power pack. Has anyone seen real or reproduction ones...or do I have make a mould and cast silicone rubber ones?

Regards

Jon

Jon if you want dark green 1950s canvas 3m x 3m I recommend this:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ExMOD-1953-Canvas-Heavy-Duty-Tarpaulin-Sheet-3mx3m-w-Brass-Eyelets-FREE-POSTAGE/333340565535?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

It arrived today NOS & smells nice : )

I got it to cover a farmyard implement outdoors & it looks very durable unlike the modern canvas I was looking at of a similar price.