Larkspur Vehicle Antenna

mshackleton

Can anyone help me with info for a modelling project please? I am looking for photos and dimensions of the Larkspur antenna (not the mounts) as carried on Ferret/Saladin/Saracen/Chieftain and other British military vehicles. I want to reproduce the antennae accurately in scale from turned brass.

What is the typical length and diameter, were they in sections (like Clansman), etc?

If anyone can photograph an antenna with a tape measure alongside, that would be the perfect answer. Thanks.

Edited by mshackleton
clarity

• 3 years later...

Larkspur antenna rods were essentially identical to Clansman, but were 4' long as opposed to 1m.

VHF, Larkspur vehicle sets always used 8' of rod. The rods were tapered. A top section coming to quite a point. It connected to a centre section.

For Larkspur HF, 12' of rod might be used depending on the frequency being used. The bottom section was quite robust. Looking back just shy of 45 years when we converted to Clansman, I don't believe you could make 8' from a top and a bottom because each expected to fit into a centre section. I could be wrong.