Dodge WC wheel bearings

Chris C

1 hour ago, Chris C said:

Here is a question for you all,

I have taken apart the hubs from my wc51 and i have found a variety of bearings does anyone know if bearings i took off are correct before i go and by new ones.

They are Bower BT2984.

I'd stick with those if they are in good condition, US-made bearings, and the low sequence number suggests they may be original.  Where did your truck come from, or via?  If it is straight from the USA or via Norway, those are probably higher quality than many modern replacements.

18 minutes ago, Gordon_M said:

I'd stick with those if they are in good condition, US-made bearings, and the low sequence number suggests they may be original.  Where did your truck come from, or via?  If it is straight from the USA or via Norway, those are probably higher quality than many modern replacements.

Thank you for the reply, it has come from the USA and there is a mix of makes, as you would expect but perhaps they are orginal.

If they are all branded as USA made I'd stick with them.  You can of course buy a complete new set of high quality bearings, but that may cost a surprising amount.  Spend some of the savings on seals, axle end gaskets, and the like

Surely the correct way to approach this is to assess the bearings for wear. If the bearings are showing signs of wear, pitting, chatter or corrosion they need replacing. If not clean and regrease them put them back with new seals, and adjust them correctly.

Regards

John