Best place to work on CVRT for me

Norbo

£45 pounds an hr  is very cheap my local garage is over £100 an hr.   Working on these vehicles are harder than cars and if you cannot  do the repairs and maintenance yourself  then it going to be costly .I hope you find a good  repairer at a  good rate.

16 hours ago, diesel1 said:

What work do you need doing on the cvrt?

Getting and Fitting a radio so i can talk to the people in the back is the biggest job then the air piping for heating that runs down the side is not complete the pop up stopper on the drivers hatch is missing and the cable pulley to open the night site is missing . Thats about it really . its just the transport alone will cost a fortune. i may just sell it or have a go doing it me self but now its winter and wet so nothing will get done until the spring again Its just so depressing after all this time being let down by the place i gave uit to almost 2 years back now 

The intercom is easy, you can buy a kit or the separate parts on eBay and it’s just a case of plugging it in. You don’t need the air pipes, this is for the NBC system which you’ll never use. I’ve made the cable for the night sight box before, again Bowden cable parts are available on eBay. Post a photo of the issue with the drivers hatch and I’ll see if I can point you in the right direction with that too.

Norbo  feel your pain but there are many very knowledgeable people on this forum, and if you post what you are trying to achieve many will show you the way like Sirhc has just done. Most of the work is relatively simple just awkward to do and daunting if you don't come from that kind of a background.

Rob Dove is offering you a good rate as a CVRT mechanic and he is a good guy and well known. There are others.

The fun of ownership for some people is facing these challenges and overcoming them and enjoying your vehicle.

Can I ask a few questions? Where do you live? It might help some people trying to help you to know that. Next question, what drew you to buy what you have and what do you want to use it for?

What you have has great value and is great fun and if you are in the UK as I suspect you can road register and road drive it, you are lucky, many countries you can not.

Happy to help if I can but many are more knowledgeable than me mate, plus I am quite a ways away.

Edited by robin craig

Im in Nottingham England .

I gave it to a place neary 2 years back now and all they have done is fit a indicator switch so they dont blow the fuze fit the front lights and apparently they told me it needed 2 bearings in the gear box and all that gows with doing this like oil change etc. I have missed 2 summers now and frankly its just sunk me in to a deep depression at the loss of time .I missed my sons prom i was going to take him and his friends so that was all so abig down . Its just i was so excited at the time i got it then it all went to shit with broken promises and wasted time .