Raytheon Lens Question

JRand

I am new to this forum, hope I have the right section to post this!  Hello, I have 2 of these Raytheon lenses but I dont know what they are applicable to. They have part number # 3227399-1  on them. ( see pics attached ) was told they may fit a tank but not too sure. Has anyone ever seen these before?  Any help is appreciated!!

lens 001.JPG

lens 002.JPG

Instinctively I expect AFV components to be dark green in some form & if it is aircraft I expect it to be black. 

I have just run that manufacturer's part number past several million NSNs to see if it has been codified, but nothing came up. So looks unlikely that it is a component for a tank.

Thanks fv, I ran into the same thing. A lady that worked for Raytheon looked at it yesterday and thought it may be a part of the Paveway missile. ( but they are quiet heavy for that application )  I am still at a loss as to how these ended up at a yard sale! I really appreciate your help on this, thanks again friend..

Could be part of a targeting pod such as Lantirn or maybe test equipment for the system. i.e. optical harmonisation.

The Paveway guided bomb is a laser based system (or was, things may have moved on) but the targeting systems use optical based designation. UK Paveway 2 was in service in my time so I am way out of date.....

Iain