Simca wanted

Simca Marmon

Posted (edited)

Hello I’m looking to buy a 59 simca. I don’t really know much about them. Are there any websites I can look them up on. Are there any things I need to look for when viewing one. Are there any common faults with them that I should be aware of. Any advice or help would be appreciated thanks

Edited by Simca wanted

Hello thank you for your reply. I have now bought one. Do you own a simca robin33ba07? The one i bought has recently been re painted so all it’s original markings have long gone. Does anyone one know what stencils or insignia it should have on it??    It’s hard to find these vehicles pictured closeup online. I seem to want to do the complete opposite to most people and turn it from a shoot wagon back to a military spec vehicle! Cheers for any help

yes I have a nice 1959 SUMB according to the log book I bought it from Kerry Cheese RR Services Kent ,he has sold quite a few 

there is a man on the French website that sell French Army decals 

I can send you a sheet giving basic operating instructions PM me your e mail ?     

Your simca sounds exactly like mine according to the log book a 59. I also bought mine from r & r. That would be good if you you could send me any info on them. 

I recently emailed Kerry at RR Services to enquire about spares for the Sumb, but got a brief reply saying that they were unable to help at present. 

Does anyone know if they still have trucks/spares?

4 hours ago, robin33ba07 said:

thats disappointing I have found Kerry always helpful  

Ditto, maybe just didn't have a cab or axles that I was enquiring about - I'll send another email to check if they have any Sumbs left

Hi I don’t surpose anyone know where’re get window rubbers from. Or even what the type is called for my front windscreens. I have a simca Marmon sumb with very cracked and past it seals. I have tried my local kit car company and there catalogs didn’t have anything similar. I can’t seem to find online either. Any help would be great. I may even think about replacing the hole window if anyone knows of 2 good condition ones for sale. Cheers guys.

Edited by Simca wanted

Try www.sealsdirect.co.uk  They offer a fair selection and have their catalogue on line.

David