[PRESENTATION] AREH Association

AREH

Good morning everybody, 

It's our first post on this forum, and I would like ot introduce ourself and I : We are a french association, specialized in Historical Research and study mainly about WW1 period and with a recent focus on US vehicles.

We are based close to Reims in the Champagne vineyard, an area that was really impacted during WW1.

We have restore a Nash Quad that is fully functionning now, and we acquired also an American Expeditionary Forces Dodge Brothers.

We just recently acquired a GMC found in France, and we are searching for information about models and type used during the WW1 : That's the reason why we registerd on this forum.

I 'll create a specific topic for this GMC, with pictures to try to identified it, you 'll find enclosed a first picture of the GMC and the Dodge at the background.

Thanks in advance for your help ! 

Nicolas - Association de Recherches et d'Etudes Histroriques (A.R.E.H.) - France.

GMC+dodge.JPG

• Like 1

Bonjour Nicolas

Très heureux d'entendre parler de vous et je suis sûr que nous serons en mesure de vous aider dans vos restaurations. La Dodge semble très complète et un candidat superbe pour la restauration. Je ne peux pas tout à fait faire sortir le GMC. Je me demande s'il s'agit d'un modèle 16AA ambulance qui a fait beaucoup de travail pour faire un camion civil utile. Quoi qu'il en soit, s'il vous plaît ajouter quelques photos dans la section pré-WW 2 et puis nous pouvons voir si nous pouvons réunir les experts pour leurs réponses. Les membres ici ont un Liberty B, FWD Model B, Nash Quad, Locomobile et GMC et je suis sûr que nous serons en mesure d'échanger des informations.

Cordialement Tim

Very happy to hear from you and I am sure we will be able to help you in your restorations. The Dodge looks very complete and a superb candidate for restoration. I can't quite make the GMC out. I wonder if this is a model 16AA ambulance that has done a lot of work to make a useful civilian truck. Anyway, please add some photos in the pre-WW 2 section and then we can see if we can bring the experts together for their answers. Members here have a Liberty B, FWD Model B, Nash Quad, Locomobile and GMC and I am sure we will be able to exchange information.

Kind regards

Tim

IMG_3860.JPG

IMG_3908.JPG

IMG_5011.JPG

• Like 1

I have just found your website

https://www.areh.site/

And the blog of the Quad restoration

https://www.areh.site/nash-quad?lightbox=dataItem-jdc0cctc

I really enjoyed the film of the Quad starting for the first time. Wonderful

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/xx2bdz

It is interesting how all Budas have the same “bark”. You now have the correct ammunition body for it.  It looks superb. Well done to the team.

The Dodge looks great.

https://www.areh.site/dodge-brothers?lightbox=dataItem-j0crx4vt

Too nice to restore I think.

What does the DAS badge represent?

Thanks

Tim

12 hours ago, Great War truck said:

I have just found your website

https://www.areh.site/

It is interesting how all Budas have the same “bark”. You now have the correct ammunition body for it.  It looks superb. Well done to the team.

The Dodge looks great.

Too nice to restore I think.

What does the DAS badge represent?

Thanks

Tim

Thanks a lot Tim, Yes we have the correct ammunition body now on the Nash. 

The condition of the Dodge is incredible, and that's why we 'll not change or restore anything on it !

It is from April 1918. The DAS Badge is a french insurance (Defense Automobile et Sportice). We are thinking that this badge have been put on the car during German occupation during WW2 in order to mask the US dodge brother badge to the German troops in France. 

The FWD in very great ! I love it !

I opened a topic on the Pre-WW2 section and send some picture of this GMC ! 

Kind regards, Nicolas.

The video of the Nash starting was a palava. When I had one it would start on the second pull of the handle. A fit young gentleman on the handle and me on the drivers seat. First prime three cylinders, leave No4 open for less compression, crank the handle, engine fires and runs on three, close cock on head and that's it.

Hi Bob. But the engine has had a complete rebuild and as this is the first time that it is being started there is no certainty as to how it will behave. We occasionally start our truck on a rope in case it kicks back which is what happened here. I am sure now that as they get the hang of the Buda that it is a great deal easier to start.