Cupola CVRT

SirLanceUK

26 minutes ago, timbo said:

Following this with interest as I have 2 Spartans and a Striker to do this job on!  As an aside, I have exactly the same T handle hex set as you!

My earnest advice, get the cupola at a height you can sit down and work on, those bearings take along time to remove and put back in.... on the plus side if I can do it anyone can 

• 4 weeks later...

Just an update, I have the local farmer arriving at 12:00 on the 12th to replace the cupola and the hard work can start replacing the GPMG, spotlight, cocking mechanism and periscope. As an aside I have finished fabricating the roof doors openers and stays. I might even get replacement gas springs..... lots happening

Edited by SirLanceUK
framer to farmer

Phone call happened everything moved forward 2 became 12 became 10.

Baby was uncovered and battery connected and failed to start.. flat battery..

Fortunately Simon's beast of a machine (picture below) was able to reach out and place the cupola back in place... What A toy

Even better I was trying to fit the bolts in place and asked Paul and Rob to rotate the cupola slightly and instead of the fixing ring turning the cupola turned. Slight mod the fixing ring was turned bolts in place, a big sigh...

Even better the cupola now rotates with very little effort. Next step to fix everything back on... Still keep me busy for a while

On the move.jpg

reset.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...