Wife said I could get into armor

sargentwolf

Hello. I am Kevin from Saint Louis, Missouri. US Army signal corps veteran.

I have several LMTV trucks (M1078, M1088) and the wife has agreed to my frankly insane idea of getting into armored vehicles as well. "As long as its smaller then the Behemoth, Ill get in" (shes afraid of the lmtv...silly woman)

Doing my homework before pulling any triggers on a CVRT. Found a few shops locally that say they can do the J60 engine tuneup....we shall see. 

Two questions for CVRT owners: 1. which model would you recommend for a first time armor collector? Leaning towards the Sabre or Scimitar.

2. what manuals should I get to start in depth reading? Mostly related to maintenance and such.

Thanks! And if anyone has questions on the LMTV/MTV trucks, I am happy to help!

49 minutes ago, sirhc said:

I would try getting in a Sabre or Scimitar before buying one. 

User handbooks are here:

https://www.greenmachinesurplus.com/cvrt-cvrw-63-c.asp

seconded-I let a, shall we say, slightly above average girth gentleman wiggle into a scorpion, and ended up removing the top armour plate to extract him.

Spartan/sultan have much easier ingress/egress!  

Hi Kevin,

I only got into Armour in December last year. I went around and around about what I should get. This however changed in December when a Spartan found me. I have had so much frustration and joy since then that I can thoroughly recommend it. My wife would thoroughly recommend it to as I spend quite a bit of time playing with my baby and not getting under her feet.

I look forward to hearing what happens and which way you jump

Ha! That wouldnt be an issue for me, gym twice a week. 

American Army has the -10 manuals, basic instructions for daily operations. The -20 and -34 are higher level maintenance. What is the Brit manual system?

I know of one Abbot about 5 hours away at a paintball park. Last time I saw it, he had just imported the week before and didnt have any time to even learn how to drive it. Thats the only piece of British armor AFAIK in the midwest. I do know a guy who has a BTR-152 with Israeli data-plates.

And my wife also loves that my LMTV trucks get me away from her. Especially when I can use them to make some money helping FEMA out after hurricanes and the local Red Cross chapter with flood work.

You need to put the seat in the down position then tall people can get in . Then put seat up to drive. If you get any cvrt you need spares as their starting to get hard to find science the British gov doesn’t sell them off anymore. Road wheels spare track , filters ect BUT my sabre is so nice to drive .

6400342E-5C25-42B0-8B07-E4A741FEBA42.jpeg