1947, what sort of tax disc on a W.D. motorcycle?

T8Hants

14 minutes ago, Nick Johns said:

If the bike was sold in 1947 and then Civilian registered it would have been issued with a road tax disc,

Yes it was and I have the two original tax discs for my machine, but as I have returned to W.D. specification the scenario is that it remained in service with the W.D. post-war staying within the UK, so would it have displayed an ordinary tax disc, (which I have) or would the W.D. have something of their own at that time?

There are some very nice reproduction war service tax discs available ....but whilst pretty these appear to have been used on civilian vehicles used by home defence forces of similar ....e.g a car or motorbike  used by ARP military vehicles had no tax discs..?

Jenkinov

Well funnily enough, at least some WW2 RAF vehicles had 'Defense of the Realm' tax discs as seen in this original that was sent to me by Greg Powell. Also can be seen on this RAF Norton Big 4. So I've copied the idea with Greg's repro discs on my RAF's Big 4 and WD/CO.   Ron

20190330_073943_resized_1.jpg

RAF10.JPG

DSCF1487.jpg

DSCF1488.jpg