Just brought a simca sump

1987tjsharp

Hi. I’ve just brought myself a simca sump as it was too cheap to say no.  I’ve owned Landrover’s for years so am used to tinkering with engines. The simca has been sat on a local shoot for 8 years the chassis etc is in excellent condition. It turns over but won’t start. Ive cleaned the fuel pump out and cleaned the carb. But I think the spark plugs need changing but can’t find any anywhere. But I’ll keep looking.  

Just another project to add to the list. 

hi there great choice of vehicle you might want to join our French friends on a similar website 

vehiculesmilitaires.com 

its a bit awkward but the translate button helps there is a SUMB section and a very helpful contributor in Scotland Haggis 

its a deadly off road vehicle  if you pm me with your e mail I can send you some basic operating instructions

Kerry Cheese of RR Services Kent will have some spare parts ?  

On ‎9‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 10:21 AM, rog8811 said:

Was it undercover over that time? Is the tilt in good nick? I  always had a hankering for a Sumb for rather nefarious reasons, I wanted to scrap the cab and build a scale size Matador cab on it... never going to happen :)

Good luck with it.

sadly it wasn't under cover.  it's been out in the open for approx. 8 to 10 years but surprisingly in very good condition apart from some rot on the door and wing. I jet washed all underneath and the chassis is in fantastic condition. the tilt is knackered on the cab but ive sourced a secondhand one for £150.   

Great news it runs. After 8 years of standing out side in the rain,snow etc. Cleaned the carb, cleaned the pump, charged some batteries up and after a little tinkering she sparked into life. My neighbours didn't seem to impressed with the noise as the exhaust has a few holes in it so was a little loud.