webkitlover

I'm really struggling to find positive images I can use

Question

Hi as stated before I'm doing some research into the British Army in N.I. for some veterans  for discussion starters in small groups.

I'd really like to find a source of positive photos, (I know tough one).

If you Google "british army Northern Ireland" you just get hundreds of pictures of gritty war, I can't imagine what it was like, but it must have been hell.

I'm after I guess anything like friendly Interaction with public, christmas booze ups, relaxed photos in camps, jokes(non political) ENDEX that sort of thing, so I can bring up conversation about some of the good friendships, caring, kindness, that sort of thing,  I don't want any personal details.

also any pop Music you reckon might trigger memories about times in Northern Ireland.

any help gratefully recieved,

cheers

2 answers to this question

Having just posted on a different thread, I will see what I can find for this one. I was never one for taking pictures but I do have a few which may fit the bill. The timing is not great, as I am getting ready to go into hospital early tomorrow for a knee replacement, so it maybe a few days before I can dig anything out.

Best of luck with this, by the way.

Steve.

ow, hope that goes well.

I'm just starting the sessions next week but it will continue till Febuary so theres plenty of time cheers.