SAS Land Rovers for sale

johnwardle

For sale by auction by Bonhams at Bicester Heritage Centre on 26th of September, a collection of WAS and Special Forces Land Rovers. If you are familiar with Special Forces Land Rovers you will recognise most of them, although the owner of these vehicles (yes they are all owned by the same person)  has not displayed at military shows for some time he has displayed them at Land Rover shows and did bring one to this year's Lacock at War.

I have had the privilege of driving some of these vehicles including the 110 V8 powered DPV at the Kemble MVT shows, and that was a very enjoyable experience.

• 4 weeks later...

Some results from this auction, RSOV ( Rangers Special Operations Vehicle)  £49,500, First Gulf War 110 DPV £48,375, Pink Panther 10FG97 £47,250.

I can't find any more information on the other lots as I have had great difficulty in logging on to Bonhams website. I will try to get more information at our next MVT meeting on Tuesday.

On 9/26/2019 at 5:42 PM, johnwardle said:

Some results from this auction, RSOV ( Rangers Special Operations Vehicle)  £49,500, First Gulf War 110 DPV £48,375, Pink Panther 10FG97 £47,250.

I can't find any more information on the other lots as I have had great difficulty in logging on to Bonhams website. I will try to get more information at our next MVT meeting on Tuesday.

I'd be interested to know what they went for, to assist in valuing the Ex 22 SAS range rover we have.

I don't know how many of the bikes and quads were Barry's, but I am surprised that the green Pink Panther went for quite a bit less than the pink one as it was in a lot better condition and fully equipped. Maybe the bidders thought that it had been painted green not realising that they were green when delivered to the Army.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Chris Hall said:

Agh, I wondered if it was a variation  of EPV as that was Enhanced Protection Vehicle.

Chris we own a EPV, do you recall the registration as only 12 made, ours is currently the only one in private hands as the rest were sold abroad to foreign governments when demobbed, any photos of your time with them?

Also messaged you regarding another topic.

On 10/3/2019 at 6:48 PM, Niels v said:

Are there any books on the SAS land rovers ?  And I am glad I spent all my money last year otherwise  I would have been very tempted by one of the series 2’s

There is a book 'SAS Panthers in Detail' featuring Barry Pococks Pink Panthers, the ones in the auction, I think that the  book is aimed at modeller.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chris Hall said:

Agh, I wondered if it was a variation  of EPV as that was Enhanced Protection Vehicle.

No they weren't EPVs I have driven both of the DPVs that were in this auction and there was no ballistic protection at all on either vehicle. 

1 hour ago, tyler said:

Chris we own a EPV, do you recall the registration as only 12 made, ours is currently the only one in private hands as the rest were sold abroad to foreign governments when demobbed, any photos of your time with them?

Also messaged you regarding another topic.

Now your asking, I can't remember the reg but I recall it being the only one we had, it was diesel as opposed to the Snatch's we had which were the Petrol V8 and it was a matt green and pretty new in appearance back in 2005. No one ever said it was test example or anything like that, I didn't even realise there were only 12. We just ragged it around like any of the other MT vehicles, I do remember it being a little more sprightly than the Petrol SNATCH but it was a bugger to stop quickly. It was a bit of shock to go from that to the tired SNATCH with zero air con. The 2 SNATCH we had were 30KK65 and 27KK81 if I recall correctly.