Quick question

Baz48

your fire extinguisher is similar size to type fitted to Jeep, but the style of the Ford printed on label I'm guessing it to be Post war 1950's for a Ford car/truck?, ...see link below to G503 Jeep Extinguishers,  early Slat grill MB's extinguishers were originally mounted on the right side footwell, but after the glovebox was introduced in '42 the extinguisher mount was moved  across to the drivers left side footwell beside the clutch pedal, ...new repro mounting brackets are available, ...a google search shows more info/pics

http://jeepdraw.com/G503_Fire_Extinguishers.html

Edited by Nick Johns

19 hours ago, Nick Johns said:

your fire extinguisher is similar size to type fitted to Jeep, but the style of the Ford printed on label I'm guessing it to be Post war 1950's for a Ford car/truck?, ...see link below to G503 Jeep Extinguishers,  early Slat grill MB's extinguishers were originally mounted on the right side footwell, but after the glovebox was introduced in '42 the extinguisher mount was moved  across to the drivers left side footwell beside the clutch pedal, ...new repro mounting brackets are available, ...a google search shows more info/pics

http://jeepdraw.com/G503_Fire_Extinguishers.html

Hi thanks for the link – interesting – this extinguisher was bought by a late friend for his (I think) 1942 Ford Jeep. It among other Jeep related items came to light while bringing his Jeep back to life for the family.  Thanks for the link Jeep’s are not a vehicle I’ve had much to do with until recently so learning .

A 42 GPW would have the early style bracket available as a repro. I require one for my March 42 and I’ve been looking at those available but no one can comment on quality. I want one that will fit first time without having to cut and weld to make it fit. I’m getting fed up of fixing repro parts so they actually fit or work.