Wanted ww2 motorbike

snort

Have a look on car and classic they have several M20's on there at present one in Military trim the rest in civilian trim, also a G3L on Milweb. 

Are you looking for a finished bike ready to go or a project running restoration? 

Edited by bigduke6

Thanks for that, there are several M20 about as you say, the G3L on Milweb sold over two weeks ago although the advert is still there, I was very keen but missed it.It may have to be an M20 but I was hankering after something different. It is my intention to buy a nice runner and also another project to tinker with as well, so I am looking in both camps.

Keep looking, they do come up when least expected, keep an eye on ebay also..... I found two of mine on there and one on car and classics.

All in need of restoration but the latest (from ebay) only requires a paint job. If you do have a preference, I'd stick to that, also have a look at what spares etc are available. 

When I was looking for parts for my G3L I've ended up with enough bits to nearly complete another bike, only because some parts came with a job lot of others. 

Have you posted anything on the Motorcycle part of the forum, lots of experienced hands there and probably a lot more leads to what may be coming to the market. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All, I am still looking for a WW2 bike in any condition now, I seem to have picked a time to search when several people are looking, cash available. I have looked at Toms one and sadly it's not for me but an Ariel, Triumph or Royal Enfield would be nice. I would like to get something that's either complete that needs work or not. I didn't want postwar but there are certainly a lot more available in that era. Cheers.I will keep looking in all the normal websites.

• 1 month later...

Snort is indeed a MVT member and has been for many years, however not on the Facebook page and I am waiting to be 'approved'. Until then I cannot see the bike but I thank you for the information and hopefully I will be able to see it soon as I am still looking ! Many thanks Steve

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help, just to let you know I have managed to buy an Ariel WN/G  1945 which is the one I wanted. I liked the thought of an Ariel as they were liked by the troops.  It needs a few jobs and should be ready for next season if all goes well!

A few years ago I had a lorry load of M20's, we could not get rid of them quick enough, seen here at Bagshot scrambling.

When bike stopped going up the steep hills we grabbed a tree branch, lifted a leg and said good bye to the bike and got another one out of the Commer.

Pictures may be usefully for unit markings and index numbers, but just think how much at today's prices this lot would have been worth.

Regards Michael

2.jpg

508 Coy RASC 1960's.jpg

• 1 month later...