spare and parts required for 1944 Bedford QL, 1943 Humber utility, 1940 Morris Quad

Normandy Jim

my first time on the forum and hoping some off you nice people will help. I work at Dday Acadamey ROTS..I'm after the following pieces

Humber rear and front brake cylinder kits, Hub seals the same; Front P/Shaft nuts and bolts

Bedford QL Solex RZ FAIPO Carb Kit X2,  Complete accelerator linkages on side of carb.. The bedford currently runs on a Zenith from a 1500 wt bedford

The previous mechanic ripped out the system, cut, welded and threw away what was left, the bedford runs well, until a steep incline...So I

Have got in touch with Champ spares, NMVG, and Classic spares,  for our Humber, Bygone are dealing with the QL, but may struggle for the accelerator linkages..The Quad is an ongoing project along with the Matador...Thanks for the help anyway..any other info please do forward on..:thumbsup:

You could try Chris Morter, he does have spares from vehicles which he and dad John have broken. I couldn't get the linkage when I put the correct carb on my QL, had to make one. Bear in mind the QL is very,  very slow on hills even with the correct set-up - doesn't seem to matter whether they're loaded or not!

Mike.

19 hours ago, mike30841 said:

You could try Chris Morter, he does have spares from vehicles which he and dad John have broken. I couldn't get the linkage when I put the correct carb on my QL, had to make one. Bear in mind the QL is very,  very slow on hills even with the correct set-up - doesn't seem to matter whether they're loaded or not!

Mike.

Have you got Chris Morters email or phone number, As I'm in Normandy France not UK..The problem with our QL it cuts out on steep inclines due to the Zenith carb being half the size of the Solex...Thanks for the help...

Chris Morter 07860 520542 or 01953 602581. If you are really stuck, it's possible to make a sort of V shaped crank by welding two steel strips together so that the point of the V pivots on the small shaft on the side of the carb, and use a universal throttle linkage (I got mine from ebay cheaply) to connect it to the rest of the linkage. Probably easier to do than to explain. If you need further explanation, let me know and I will try and get up to where I store my QL and take a picture or two of what I cobbled together - it works very well and doesn't look too out of place apart from my awful welding!

Regards,

Mike

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Thats not my welding, its the previous mechanics, who has butchered most of our fleet of ww2 vehicles, he removed the original oil filters and fitted modern filters and used air compressor pipes for oil to pass, also changed the fuel systems to accomodate a modern car primer pump, The problem i've got is to repurchase the complete systems as he threw everything out..

The vehicles are WC52 and command car,  Kubelwagon, Willy's Jeep, Bedford QL, Humber and Morris Quad

Luckily he wasnt allowed to touch our GMC's and SAURER..

Thanks for your help..

• 2 weeks later...