Ronsandt

Cvrt temperature monitoring

I’m revisiting this issue with cvrt  having no temp gauge. Personally it is the dumbest thing I ever heard of. But anyone put a temp sender in their cvrt j60motors? Someone said put battery operated one in but I can’t find them anywhere. I know others are interested in this issue too.  

The civilian versions of that engine had temperature gauges so it shouldn't be too difficult other than the 12V/24V issue?

Andy

The Fox has a temperature gauge with the J60.

Posted (edited)

So anyone know the thread for such A sensor. Thanks for the good answers. I was wondering if the motor was the same as car one. But with military you never know what they change.

Edited by Ronsandt

So I looked into the xk motors in cars and found out a lot don’t have them either?  Anyone no the thread and were to put one into our j60 motor with aftermarket gauges. I no theirs an idiot light but I like to see my gauge when it comes to heat. 

The temp sender for the warning light is on the inlet manifold near the distributor. Remove it and find something that’s 24v and has the right thread, then find a compatible gauge. Shouldn’t be that hard.

10 hours ago, robin33ba07 said:

any one put a temperature gauge into a diesel CVRT ?

No, but Google is your friend. Plenty of options for 6bt temp senders out there.