Whats it for Dash board FFR Land Rover

Surveyor

Having to start to strip the dash board to stop the rust I have been puzzled by what appears to be 2 holes for a jack, they are to the right of the light switch.

Can any one help with what they were for, they appear to be coloured for live and Neutral

Many thanks

IMG_20190817_123312.jpg

2 hours ago, Surveyor said:

Ah a light bulb moment many thanks, also that assume it still works Makes life easier to plug in satnav etc

As your Land Rover is an FFR variant the socket will be 24 volt so be careful what sat nav you use, alternatively you could wire in a voltage dropper to give 12v at the socket.  By the way,  I have  a  Land Rover  inspection light with plug, spare plug and Land Rover TUM, TUL and Ambulance handbook for sale. Pm me if you are interested.

Edited by johnwardle
Shirty predictive text!!!

19 minutes ago, johnwardle said:

As your Land Rover is an FFR variant the socket will be 24 volt so be careful what sat nav you use, alternatively you could wire in a voltage dropper to give 12v at the socket.  By the way,  I have  a  Land Rover  inspection light with plug, spare plug and Land Rover TUM, TUL and Ambulance handbook for sale. Pm me if you are interested.

The 24 volt alternator is disconnected, will try a test first to see what is coming through, will speak to my mechanic mate