Iconic WW2 vehicle

Higginsboat

The book Malta Convoy had a great effect on me at the age of about 12. I have always tried to live up to the example those men set. Famous, Fabulous , Never to be Forgotten.

The litle Flower Class Corvettes and the trawlers did fantastic work especially on the Artic Convoys. Lilliput Fleet and Shetland Bus, well worth reading.

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 8:32 AM, john1950 said:

There are many iconic WW2 vehicles, If you had a diorama with a Matador towing an artillery piece, a F.A.T. Morris with a limber and artillery piece, a Tilly, Humber staff car, and a jeep parked by a tent with a few chairs a couple of tables some motor bikes, an AEC 0854 Tanker with a QL Tanker, Ford and Bedford crew buses, a selection of CMP trucks with Albion and Leyland pontoon/boat carriers.edged by a Diamond T  beside a Scammel tank transporter and a recovery unit. Some iconic vehicles would still be missing. If it was the Middle East it would be a LRDG Dodge D15 being followed by a cloud of dust. Far East a Mule and Soldiers struggling through a muddy ravine. Do not forget the 150+ Fort class of ships built in Canada. One of the class was sunk in Goa by an exploding Liberty ship along with several other ships with a large loss of life.

LRDG Dodge D15, that's a new one on me.  Pete.

Here's someone else opinion on icons of World War Two; a quote from "The Great Crusade" by General Dwight D. Eisenhower: "Incidentally,four other pieces of equipment that most senior officers came to regard as among the most vital to our success in Africa and Europe were the bulldozer, the Jeep, the 2-1/2-ton truck and the C-47 airplane."

• Like 1