Guernsey Liberation Tour

Just a quick update on the Guernsey Tour, ** 2020 Liberation Tour Update ** We have received a overwhelming amount of enquiries for the 75th Liberation Celebrations Tour. At this time we are unable to accept any further Jeeps on the tour but if you have other vehicles and would like to book please get in contact.

GMVG Tour flyer.jpg

• 9 months later...

Hi Kevin, as with everything that's very subjective depending on your point of view. The military vehicle celebrations in my opinion have always been bigger in Guernsey and well organised having been run as a cavalcade every year from 1983 by the local club. However, every five years we try and put on a bigger show and a large number of vehicles visit Guernsey from Jersey, the UK and Europe. Unfortunately in Guernsey it is restricted to Pre-1946 vehicles only for the big parades to fit in with the ear being celebrated, Jersey allow any vintage. This year did not go ahead due to Covid-19, but to answer you question Jersey had 35 vehicles planned for it's cavalcade, Guernsey had 150 military vehicles, 100 classic cars and a number of vintage tractors, vintage pedal cycles and decorated floats estimated to be a 3.5 mile long procession. The whole town is normally pedestrianised and the three main piers and the linking roads filled with entertainment, food stalls and other attractions. There is a large and spectacular fireworks display at the end of the night normally lasting 45 to 60 minutes. I would imagine if you look on Youtube there will be videos a plenty for you to review and make your own mind up. People who have been to Jersey and then come to Guernsey always comment to me on how much bigger and better it is in Guernsey, but then I suppose they are bound to say that. Why don't you come and find out? There will be an announcement soon regarding 2021.

1 hour ago, Gsydingo said:

Hi Kevin, as with everything that's very subjective depending on your point of view. The military vehicle celebrations in my opinion have always been bigger in Guernsey and well organised having been run as a cavalcade every year from 1983 by the local club. However, every five years we try and put on a bigger show and a large number of vehicles visit Guernsey from Jersey, the UK and Europe. Unfortunately in Guernsey it is restricted to Pre-1946 vehicles only for the big parades to fit in with the ear being celebrated, Jersey allow any vintage. This year did not go ahead due to Covid-19, but to answer you question Jersey had 35 vehicles planned for it's cavalcade, Guernsey had 150 military vehicles, 100 classic cars and a number of vintage tractors, vintage pedal cycles and decorated floats estimated to be a 3.5 mile long procession. The whole town is normally pedestrianised and the three main piers and the linking roads filled with entertainment, food stalls and other attractions. There is a large and spectacular fireworks display at the end of the night normally lasting 45 to 60 minutes. I would imagine if you look on Youtube there will be videos a plenty for you to review and make your own mind up. People who have been to Jersey and then come to Guernsey always comment to me on how much bigger and better it is in Guernsey, but then I suppose they are bound to say that. Why don't you come and find out? There will be an announcement soon regarding 2021.

We visit Jersey as a family most summers and have done for the last 20 odd years, we very much like it.

The last few years we have been thinking more about splitting the visit to Jersey and Guernsey so I think we will plan to do that in 2021.

Liberation Day in Guernsey sounds very good, I have watched some videos before but they dont really capture how big it is.

Kevin