Matchless G3l pannier frames

gwrightoy

I think this has been asked and answered several times here.  Pannier frames you need to hunt out on eBay and military/bike jumbles and same for bags if you want originals, but hens teeth and usually worn out.....but v good repros are available......I am pretty sure you will find that source if you search on here.  There are also very poor frames and bags out there.......

If you search here on "pannier frames" you will find a thread of someone asking how to fit the frames....thats worth a read.   You can try asking on the BSA M20 site about the frames.  There are a couple of folk on there who have had them for sale.  The good repro bags.....here you go......pegasus-drive@sky.com

On 8/6/2019 at 7:46 AM, fv1609 said:
1 hour ago, matchlesswdg3 said:

If you search here on "pannier frames" you will find a thread of someone asking how to fit the frames....thats worth a read.   You can try asking on the BSA M20 site about the frames.  There are a couple of folk on there who have had them for sale.  The good repro bags.....here you go......pegasus-drive@sky.com

Ok. thanks for your help 👍

As an aside to this thread. There are pannier frames without the wingnut held supports for the bottom tray. They have a simple slider affair. I've only ever seen these in original pictures, fitted to G3L's. I wonder if they were made by or specifically for Matchless?  I found some and fitted them to my G3L, just to have something different.  Ron 

DSCF0950.jpg

scan-170930-0001.jpg

I guess they were cheaper and easier to make. They do tend to rattle with empty pannier bags. However there is a forum member who makes spot on frames (wing nut type). No doubt he'll make himself known to you. Ron