Speedo Triumph 3hw/3sw

rien

Goodevening all, a couple of months ago i picked up a triumph 3hw for restauration. This will be my 3th Triumpg retauration so i know a little bit what i can expect :).

last week i've bought a (early) Smiths speedometer with spigot drive, below you can find a picture of the rear side of the speedo:

image1.jpeg.a48b1bab730615212646c34d965e2fda.jpeg

. I've found a post from a few years ago on this forum with some intresting details about early speedometers and cables.

Can somebody help me with some details of the early speedometer cables? and were to buy it?

i've learned that this consist out of a thin axle that's rotated in a rubber hose withs is clamped on the speedometer.

Thanks for watching!

Hi Ron, I would like to fit this on my 1939 SW because it Seems they use these spigot drive speedo’s on sevral WD Bikes.

I’m looking for more info About the early speedo cables and How they are fitted on to the speedometer and the Angled drive. 

Well a lot of the information is available in the other thread that you found. The revolving spigot appears to be missing from yours, which will need addressing by someone like http://www.chronometricspeedos.co.uk/

Tha angled speedo drive is the same for both Jaeger and standard speedos and the cable is available from JJ Cables,  cableman7@hotmail.co.uk  Ask them to advice you how they want you to measure it for length.  Ron

Big 4 016.jpg

• Like 1