Scammell pioneer trailer

When the museum  converted the Scammell Pioneer back to its former TRMU role we got plans for it from the Commercial vehicle museum this include   the fifth wheel and trailer though it was never intended to do a trailer but a  facsimile of the fifth wheel  So it may pay you to contact them at enquiries@britishcommercial vehiclemuseum.com

Edited by wally dugan
e-mail address

Thank you for the input,  I have a scale drawing of the tractor and trailer together but it doesn’t show the more detailed individual parts and how they are connected, I have sourced a pair of axles which is probably the only part that couldn’t be replicated but the hope of finding any other major parts is pretty slim, I have had many conversations with people that remember cutting them up in the past hills of botley cut a few up which is a real shame.

I have a Scammell swan neck four in line trailer that Tom Osborne adapted to go behind, it looks the part but want to look at the possibilities of making a replica.

Yes,  came from Romsey and was called Snow White, had been sat up for some time thought inside so still in nice condition other than the dust! I drove it the 10 miles home with no dramas other than the wipers not working. 

Sounds silly, but had you thought of buying the Thunder Models 1/35th scale kit of the TRCU trailer? Gives you a 3-D scale representation of how the trailer fits together. Much clearer than a drawing. They also do both early and later Goose Neck versions. 

I have the top part of the fifth wheel that is sat on flat plates that works well with the swan neck but missing the bottom dish shaped plate and the rubber discs that bolt to the chassis.

I have emailed thunder models to see what info or drawings they have or at least how accurate they are but whether they will be willing to give out information I’m unsure, so here’s hoping 

if you are talking of the rubber discs either side of the fifth wheel if l remember there are two rows on each side we found that the then company FENNERS who were at that time based in hull made them in three sizes 4/5/6 inch dia they were still making them in the 90s for the fishing industry cannot recall how thick they were but a least 2inch made up like conveyor belting if this helps