CB 300 Series Comms Body Lifting shackle info please!

DafT 244

Iain, you are an info God Sir!
Had a look on xmod and no luck there...And I think maybe too expense for a single off & on lift! 
At least I have all the info now on how it's done!
Got a local Engineering firm who no doubt can come up with something simpler. see pic.
I did not know that the holes were threaded and there is reinforcement underneath!
Thanks again, you have saved me a fair bit of head scratching there Mate!

Cheers
Gaz

body lifting plate x 4.jpg

That's handy to know Iain Thanks!
I could not find any info on the web about the plates after searching the NSN!
Do you still have the plates Iain?  The pins are 13mm, the threaded holes seem to be M12 but, with the age of the cabin (Pre Metrification,) I'm wondering whether they are actually 1/2" something or other?
It may be quicker to tap them out to Metric?
I will keep you posted with my progress 👍
Cheers
Gaz

Edited by DafT 244
Missed info in last post Doh!

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2019 at 8:22 PM, Mk3iain said:

Glad to help Gaz.

I have to confess that I have used the shackles on the ends to lift on occasion, using wood planks to protect the structure. I'm not sure that they are rated for lifting but it worked ok.

An update Iain...the treads are trashed! See pic

20190709_132048.jpg

If so, had a look at the other not yet covered over with insulation...
Not realising they are actually mounted to the floor/base as well, I'm quite happy to use them to lift the cabin off!.

Just need to source some 1 1/2 Ton shackles now, I think I already have some! And will save me the expense of having 4 side brackets made up too!
Thanks again!

20190709_132321.jpg

20190709_132327.jpg

20190709_132343.jpg

20190709_132629.jpg

Yes that's the ones Gaz.

I find them easier to use anyway and you would need a spreader bar for the side lift points. You can get away without one easier using the end shackles.

It so happens I lifted and moved one yesterday and although it was still loaded with around half a ton of stuff(maybe more) it was no problem.

Disclaimer,(just in case)

All relevant health and safety stuff was taken into account and the risk assessment and lift plan approved. Tested and rated lift gear( as much as I could), trained and competent operator. Carried out in a controlled and contained environmental using eco friendly fuel and an inclusive and diverse  Eco crew.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Mk3iain
Disclaimer

Iain, you are a Godsend Mate!
And that is a proper Engineering Workshop isn't it? Lathes & pillar drills etc....
The top corner brackets...I thought they were for Antennas or something like, it looks like that is what they are really for?
But thinking about it, if there is one on each corner, they would act as a spreader bar wouldn't they?
And BIG Thank You for the photos, I can work out the exact length of each of the 'Brothers' when I arrange the Lift!
Bouncing here..
Gaz

Edited by DafT 244
Punctuation

No problem Gaz

Sadly it's not a workshop but a repurposed comms shack and was just an open space with a bench down one side. I have fitted shelves and use it as a store.

The corner brackets I had initially thought were for antenna but they all seem to have them and they are strong, I think they are for legs for free standing the container. Maybe someone who has used them or is knowledgable will let us know.

Iain

3 minutes ago, Mk3iain said:

No problem Gaz

Sadly it's not a workshop but a repurposed comms shack and was just an open space with a bench down one side. I have fitted shelves and use it as a store.

The corner brackets I had initially thought were for antenna but they all seem to have them and they are strong, I think they are for legs for free standing the container. Maybe someone who has used them or is knowledgable will let us know.

Iain

Oh that's a point Iain! Don't the Zeppelin cabins have that facility so the truck can drive from under the cabin etc?
Or maybe the Yank ones.....
Gaz

On 7/10/2019 at 10:27 AM, Mk3iain said:

Yes that's the ones Gaz.

I find them easier to use anyway and you would need a spreader bar for the side lift points. You can get away without one easier using the end shackles.

It so happens I lifted and moved one yesterday and although it was still loaded with around half a ton of stuff(maybe more) it was no problem.

Disclaimer,(just in case)

All relevant health and safety stuff was taken into account and the risk assessment and lift plan approved. Tested and rated lift gear( as much as I could), trained and competent operator. Carried out in a controlled and contained environmental using eco friendly fuel and an inclusive and diverse  Eco crew.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Hi Iain, If I may ask another Q? I had ordered what I thought were the 4 correct shackles from XMod a couple of days ago,as they didn't state the pin diam in the advert, I asked them Not to send them if the pin diam was over 3/4" 19mm...  https://www.thexmod.com/item_detail.asp?id=2867&t=Shackle_2_3/4_IN_Inside_FV2084745

Got a refund from them this morning! Do you happen to have the part no. for the one's you use?
Regards
Gary

Hi Iain, Managed to get 4 shackles today to do the job here! Spent nearly 4hrs on the 'Net searching for the right shackle pin, diam, corresponding 'Jaw' size but no luck and was then recommended a company not to far from me and sorted me with certified shackles that fit the job perfectly!
Individually they are rated at  15cwt/.76T and together will lift 3T ! They each fail at 3T...
Thanks for your help Iain !
Regards

Gaz

Andy Tomlinson E: sales@chesterchain.co.uk

ChesterChains.jpg

ChesterChains2.jpg