Brightwells CVRT's

fatcodycat

I have noticed that Brighwells have been auctioning a load of CVRT's - all Flavours so to speak!, the one thing that they all have in comman is that they all appear to be missing there final drives and track. 

For the more expert owners out there is there a reason for this? and are the parts avalable (any idea of the  cost) to fix them up again?

Also any one got any idea of what the hammer price is or was? as i save them but they done seem to save so i can find out the final price!

just getting itchy feet for the next project!

bear in mind the only reason the MoD have released these for sale, is that they have removed 'high value' items that they are desperately short of. If the government can't source those bits for less than the value of a complete vehicle, it would be wise to make sure you can get them before bidding.

there are probably many more cvrt's that have already gone for scrap!

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:36 PM, fatcodycat said:

yes i agree better ones have gone for scrap!

But there are final drives avalable from dealers, and if you are not in a rush parts turn up!

Any idea what teh hammer prices have been - i note there are four sultans up for sale at the mo.

I did enquiry about these CVRT's and have watched the quite closely. The prices are going up started at around £2,500 but Friday's one went for £6,500. It's hard to see exactly what may or may not be there but Brightwells say there is no on site viewing. I did catch some CVRT's at Walthums and they varied so much, some had been stripped bear and exposed to the elements for years and were full of water. Others actually moved under there on steam, but that was then.

I hope that is helpful

Hi,

they have had 4 cvrt’s for the last 8 weeks (or about that) so yes as one lot end the next starts. I did try to find out more about numbers and types but got nowhere. Another rumour I heard at the pub that some are being brought for export, driving prices up.. but I had a few by then

There are plenty of other governments out there using CVRT. Some of them only recently acquired them. The spares are worth a lot more abroad than they are to collectors. A lot of vehicles end up stripped for spares. Once the UK MoD gets rid of the rest of the fleet this will make parts harder to come by.

https://www.joint-forces.com/features/13060-armour-focus-new-latvian-cvr-t-fleet