WW2 Cooking Equipment

Hi Guys,

bxHFav7.jpg?1

I have just obtained this item and wonder if anyone could kindly tell me what exactly it was used for please - apart from cooking?The opening is ,I think,too small to get a ladel in, and there is no spout for pouring.

The measurements are 7.75" x 7.75" x 5" and the opening in the top is 3.75".The lid fixes on snugly and locks into place with a quarter turn.

The lid has SWS Ltd CONTR COOKG 1 GAL 11(L) 1943 an the name S FOX. The body has the same except the date is 1944 and after the 1GAL instead of the 11(L) it has MK11.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated.Thank you.

Kev

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

I am having trouble in finding anything at all about this container!

I know that I am not very internet literate but I cant even find out who SWS LTD are or were! All I come up with is South West Salvage - which clearly doesnt apply!

Can anyone throw any light on eg who S.W.S. Ltd are/were  please?

Thanks.

Kev.

Hi MatchFuzee,

Thanks for your reply and the link provided, very helpful.I will be contacting them shortly to see if they can shed any light on the maker and use of this container.

Yes there is an arrow on one side of the container,which to my mind makes it military.

Kev.