What fluids are needed for Spartan CVRT Petrol

SirLanceUK

Hi,

There maybe another post (I did look) that covers this but as a new Spartan owner I am trying hard to get to grips with everything and this includes the different fluids required.

I have been talking to ex drivers and they have each told me different stories about what different types they used to use, or maybe they are the same types but have different names according to which unit you belonged to. So if anyone can please point me to, or provide me a list, I would be a lot more comfortable.

I am talking about Gearbox oil, Engine oil, road/ idler Wheel hubs or the type of grease in the track tensioners. I am sure you get the idea I do have manuals and they give me really useful information like Engine Lubrication is 11.4 Litres but not oil type or the gearbox takes 11.3 litres or a road wheel hub takes 0.3 litres 

I have attached a copy of a picture of the engine and gearbox with the deck removed. You might notice a circle around a twist off cap, I am not sure what this does at all as the diagrams show the oil filler and water being near the enigne not the radiator.

Staying afloat, Just

Lance

image2a.jpg

29 minutes ago, terryb said:

thats the gearbox oil filler

oils is easy-everything is the same oil-15/40w

brake fluid-ONLY USE A MINERAL OIL SUCH AS CITROEN LHM

really any grease will do for the ram as its not lubricating

Thank you one more thing I can tick off, I will use 15/40 semi synthetic for everything :)

once less frustration 

Lance