Oil pipe split! Anyone know who can make a replacement?

Stuart T

Question

Afternoon all.

Having got my Standard Tilly running after a long lay up, I was beginning to think it was job done when the flexible oil pipe which connects the oil pressure sender to the copper pipe which feeds the gauge gave up and promptly allowed oil to squirt through two pin holes, onto the engine block, over the exhaust pipe and onto the drive (which has cost me a considerable amount of brownie points!).

Does anyone know, or would anyone be able to recommend someone who could make up a new one? Ideally I need a reasonably quick turn around as I'm hoping to have the vehicle out for the May Day weekend. I'm in Bristol so if there's anyone local-ish which would save postage times that would be even better.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Stuart.

Edited by Stuart T

4 answers to this question

Thanks Pete. 

I wasn't sure if the ends would be an issue if they're not a modern metric thread, or if the existing ends can be reused, which I guess is what prompted me to ask the question. I'm learning as I go! 🙂

I've just googled so I'll try those places. Thanks for the advice. 

Stuart. 

Your welcome Stuart the unions may well be a British standard pipe thread no longer in use however they should be able to cut the tails that the unions are attached to out of the old flexi pipe and re-swage them into modern pipe. 

You may find they will not be prepared to offer a guarantee on integrity and workmanship but make it clear you accept responsibility for the reuse of old parts.

Pete