Finally got a pump for the 450gall bowser,has some nice original lettering also bit of damage to sort,I couldn't save the grey one which was sold to scrapmen & will sadly prob be smashed up!

IMG_20190413_172021.jpg

IMG_20190413_172031.jpg

IMG_20190413_114554.jpg

• Like 2

Glad you managed to save one of them as I thought they would both go for scrap as they looked to be brass/bronze.

Peter.

IMG_20190413_112755.jpg

IMG_20190413_112804.jpg

IMG_20190413_112810.jpg

IMG_20190413_112818.jpg

The grey one had been dropped at sometime & had a crack running round part of it&a lot of it was missing parts,the other looked the better buy,I'm still working out how to straighten out the copper cylinder, thought of cutting it in half n investing in a planishing hammer?

Good to meet up at Carrington. You could try putting a grease nipple in one end and pumping it out.

On 4/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, markyakyak said:

Good to meet up at Carrington. You could try putting a grease nipple in one end and pumping it out.

Yes,hope u got all those wheels away OK,think it will want some serious pressure to pop it out tho,I'm in no panic to do it at mo so plenty of time for head scratching!!good to meet u2 

I took some pictures of these engines with I think went with the pumps.

Peter.

IMG_20190413_112928.jpg

IMG_20190413_112954.jpg

If the other pump is going to a Scrappy, why not try and buy it off him and use it for spares.

The tank looks good and would save a heap of work restoring it.

Sometimes it's worth spending a few extra Quid to save a lot of time, effort and money in the long run.

13 hours ago, peter75 said:

I took some pictures of these engines with I think went with the pumps.

Peter.

IMG_20190413_112928.jpg

IMG_20190413_112954.jpg

Yes they must of had a couple of bowsers at one time

12 hours ago, Zuffen said:

If the other pump is going to a Scrappy, why not try and buy it off him and use it for spares.

The tank looks good and would save a heap of work restoring it.

Sometimes it's worth spending a few extra Quid to save a lot of time, effort and money in the long run.

Yes I was going to but I think I can sort the dented cylinder on mine,the other didn't have any spares really & was badly cracked,the scrappies wud prob want a fortune for any parts

Hi,

If anyone sees one of these pumps for sale as a mirror image of the one seen here please PM me, I might not see a new thread,  as its the type needed to recreate the worlds last surviving Albion AM463 350 gallon 3 boom refueller. Also let Stuntman know and he can email me privately. I havent given up on that Albion AM463 3 boom iconic BoB fighter station refueller project and it could come to life if we had such a pump, lack of saw the owner decide on  a new course of action, a paraffin delivery service vehicle having found a little hand pump, he likes things that actually work.

If anyone knows of the destination of the grey one that seemingly was destined for meltdown that Stuntman didnt buy please post here as it must be preserved, its the same design as in all the Battle of Britain pics I have , such as this lovely shot which will enlarge up superbly:-

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205208469

and even with a crack needs saving. No one is going to pump petrol at a display with it anyway.

BOBC