Bowser pump

The grey one had been dropped at sometime & had a crack running round part of it&a lot of it was missing parts,the other looked the better buy,I'm still working out how to straighten out the copper cylinder, thought of cutting it in half n investing in a planishing hammer?

On 4/15/2019 at 11:09 PM, markyakyak said:

Good to meet up at Carrington. You could try putting a grease nipple in one end and pumping it out.

Yes,hope u got all those wheels away OK,think it will want some serious pressure to pop it out tho,I'm in no panic to do it at mo so plenty of time for head scratching!!good to meet u2 

If the other pump is going to a Scrappy, why not try and buy it off him and use it for spares.

The tank looks good and would save a heap of work restoring it.

Sometimes it's worth spending a few extra Quid to save a lot of time, effort and money in the long run.

12 hours ago, Zuffen said:

If the other pump is going to a Scrappy, why not try and buy it off him and use it for spares.

The tank looks good and would save a heap of work restoring it.

Sometimes it's worth spending a few extra Quid to save a lot of time, effort and money in the long run.

Yes I was going to but I think I can sort the dented cylinder on mine,the other didn't have any spares really & was badly cracked,the scrappies wud prob want a fortune for any parts

• 1 month later...

Hi,

If anyone sees one of these pumps for sale as a mirror image of the one seen here please PM me, I might not see a new thread,  as its the type needed to recreate the worlds last surviving Albion AM463 350 gallon 3 boom refueller. Also let Stuntman know and he can email me privately. I havent given up on that Albion AM463 3 boom iconic BoB fighter station refueller project and it could come to life if we had such a pump, lack of saw the owner decide on  a new course of action, a paraffin delivery service vehicle having found a little hand pump, he likes things that actually work.

If anyone knows of the destination of the grey one that seemingly was destined for meltdown that Stuntman didnt buy please post here as it must be preserved, its the same design as in all the Battle of Britain pics I have , such as this lovely shot which will enlarge up superbly:-

https://www.iwm.org.uk/collections/item/object/205208469

and even with a crack needs saving. No one is going to pump petrol at a display with it anyway.

BOBC

• 1 month later...
On 6/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, BOBC1940 said:

Hi,

If anyone sees one of these pumps for sale as a mirror image of the one seen here please PM me, I might not see a new thread,  as its the type needed to recreate the worlds last surviving Albion AM463 350 gallon 3 boom refueller.

There are three of these vehicles on the SS THISTLEGORM? 

I know it doesn't help much...they are in 25m of water, are in Egyptian waters and a massive tourist draw to 1000s of divers...

But if I can scan it - and there is every chance I will be back there - then I'm happy to help if I can. 

Whereabouts on the vehicle are they fitted?

Failing that, I could scan the existing pump into 3D and then mirror it in CAD?

Edited by SimonBrown

On 6/6/2019 at 11:18 PM, BOBC1940 said:

Hi,

If anyone sees one of these pumps for sale as a mirror image of the one seen here please PM me, I might not see a new thread,  as its the type needed to recreate the worlds last surviving Albion AM463 350 gallon 3 boom refueller.

Duplicate post...

Edited by SimonBrown

Hi Simon,

see the PM sent, 3D scanning of the Albion AM463 of which there are 6 there , of their specific listed fittings which I can send images of , would be extremely welcome.

These pumps you wont get to, sited in the rear compartment silt like concrete denies access, however other structures are accessible.

I have measured and photo'd such pumps that also exist in a similar manner though with two gauges and taps so shape as such is 'obtained' for the pump, though I wish I owned a scanner, save hundreds of hours of work ! The Brockhouse 450 gallon refueller used them but mirror image to the way they were featured in the Albion AM463.

BOBC

Edited by BOBC1940

Hi Bryan,

ah yes I have these, absolutely fantastic shots, see every little detail. I was bowled over when IWM produced these.

The pump house L frame detail has enabled me to recreate it exact in CAD, if only the owner of the AM463 had kept his agreement to return his last chassis to refueller status, its currently barren aft of the cab. My mission is to CAD model everything accurately, I dont do Mickey Mouse work !

Anyone wish to own an Albion AM463 350 gallon refueller looking like the above, with all sorts of shiny brass fittings, PM me !

Airshows would pay to have this with their aircraft, gets the cameras clicking.

I found a company willing to do the tank for about £370, the rest of it is pretty easy, especially for anyone into welding.

BOBC

• 4 months later...

Hello stuntman

I am new to this form I am building a model of Albion AM463 3 point fueler. Some of the part I am building from scratch. I was wondering if you could give me some information. Was wondering if you could help me. I need a couple of dimensions two or three so I can work off of a photo. The same photo in this topic.

Thank you

Mac

Hi Mac,

I spent 6 months drawing up accurately the Albion AM463 3 boom refueller to restore a real chassis/cab/engine to this vehicle with new tank and refuelling parts. and its a work in progress, though the actual vehicle project, the owner changed his mind, I am seeing it through rather than waste all the work done so far, so I might have a few dimensions for you. Which ones do you need ?

Hi Stuntman, have you got data on it or were you then to get hold of me 🙂as you know my project and you have supplied dims of that entry hatch and other things as your 900 gal shares some features.

BOBC1940

On 12/10/2019 at 4:40 AM, Mac Hallette said:

Hello stuntman

I am new to this form I am building a model of Albion AM463 3 point fueler. Some of the part I am building from scratch. I was wondering if you could give me some information. Was wondering if you could help me. I need a couple of dimensions two or three so I can work off of a photo. The same photo in this topic.

Thank you

Mac

I would recommend speaking to bobc1940 on here

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, BOBC1940 said:

Hi Bryan,

ah yes I have these, absolutely fantastic shots, see every little detail. I was bowled over when IWM produced these.

The pump house L frame detail has enabled me to recreate it exact in CAD, if only the owner of the AM463 had kept his agreement to return his last chassis to refueller status, its currently barren aft of the cab. My mission is to CAD model everything accurately, I dont do Mickey Mouse work !

Anyone wish to own an Albion AM463 350 gallon refueller looking like the above, with all sorts of shiny brass fittings, PM me !

I found a company willing to do the tank for about £370, the rest of it is pretty easy, especially for anyone into welding.

BOBC

On 8/1/2019 at 12:54 PM, BOBC1940 said:

Hi Bryan,

BOBC

BOBC,

I am very interested in the Albion AM463, have been looking for an intact example for years and completely agree with you that it would be fantastic to show at airshows, even better if made serviceable and approved for use!

Ive was in the FBO business for over 35 years and museum work currently. I also work 15-20 airshows a year as a ground boss.

I would have killed to have had one for the RAF100 event we held at the museum. "The truck that won the battle of Britain" I always say!

Please tell me more about the project your working on.

Cheers,

Pat Robinson

• 7 months later...

Hi Pat,

I dont get to visit forums that often, I must set this up to email me with notifications !

Your interest sounds like hope for this project again.

I will private message you, and we can talk about it at length on the phone as its far too big a story to post about and far too much work (6 months) put into the accurate drawings so far and Dicks restoration of the chassis cab and engine as its now running to waste on his idea of a post war parafin truck when it was originally possibly the gorgeous bowser, its the only chance the world will ever have of the bowser in fact.

BOBC

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...