Kevin Wheatcroft Museum

LarryH57

A relative of mine who is more in to F1 racing cars, told me that last November he went to Donnington to see the Wheatcroft Museum, which contained F1 cars and a host of German MVs

He said the museum was closing for good. Or was it just for the winter season.

Has it closed for good?

Base on some of the comments Kevin has made on Facebook, The F1 collection or parts of it is keep until he can make a new museum for them. He has also mentioned having a rather large collection of vintage cars and recently posted pictures of newly purchased vintage Grand prix motorbike. 

I read that Donnington Park Race Track has either been sold outright or been leased out, thus the museum had to go as that was not required by the new owners / occupiers.  It would seem to have been a good move as Kevin and the team have been getting a lot of vehicles out to companies for restoration over the last year.

Edited by ajmac

• 5 months later...
On 4/7/2019 at 11:57 AM, ajmac said:

I read that Donnington Park Race Track has either been sold outright or been leased out, thus the museum had to go as that was not required by the new owners / occupiers.  It would seem to have been a good move as Kevin and the team have been getting a lot of vehicles out to companies for restoration over the last year.

That's correct, Kevin has changed management so the T&C's have changed. And expect great news as Kevin has TEN Shermans in restoration as well as TWO Tigers 🙂