Mystery Brow pad FV455364

robin craig

Question

I opened a packing crate of what I had thought were a load of Ferret commanders sight eybrow pads but when compared to one online in pictures and one in a Ferret they just dont match up.

This one is smaller in all respects and mounts differently.

I have absolutely no clue what they are, does anyone else? The pen is to give you a sense of scale.

Mystery pad 04.jpg

Mystery pad 01.jpg

mystery pad 02.jpg

mystery pad 03.jpg

3 answers to this question

Richard,

I was fairly sure that it had nothing to do with Ferrets. These came from BATUS in the late 1990's as part of a tranche of disposal items as various clean ups went on. It would boggle the mind to know why BATUS held such quantities of parts for all the fleet out here, all I know is that a few of us in Canada have rescued and bought loads of this stuff and are possibly the last stockists of some of these items. It gives me great pleasure when I can find a home for this stuff, I only need a few bits for my own vehicle and I sure dont need 33 of some items. I have no Centurion or other vehicle manuals so I am all at sea on this. It will get binned eventually if I cant find homes for it. I do have a limit.