Army Auxiliary Workshops

Hi

I have seen several WW2 vehicles with rebuild plates on them that read

“Ministry of Supply T.T.3(BR)

This vehicle was vehicle was rebuilt to class I on dd/mm/yy

By Army Auxiliary Workshop

No. Bnnn”

Come across workshop No. B131.  B42

Is there a list of these workshops anywhere ?

And what does the T.T.3(BR) signify ?

Cheers

Richard

Posted (edited)

This same subject was previously discussed on here 2014, click on the link below

Edited by Nick Johns

I replied to a earlier thread on this subject and at that time could not add any thing to it other than what i knew at that time since then l have been put to gether a list of RAF MU's AAW's AVD BVD RVD and there locations several things have come to light concerning the numbers allocated to them one location can have two or three different  numbers on the same site or in a area covered by one area command  BURN near YORK and BARLOW near SELBY had the same  41   AVD were is this taking us well up to now with what  i already knew  i have found one  hundred locations and B42 was located at WALLINGTON in the uk  

ps at the same time DIAMOND Ts were under going rebuilds at the same time

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Thanks Wally

You must have been looking hard

Do you know where B131 was ?

Cheers

Richard

RICHARD locating the information has taken a lot of time and is not straight forward take WALLINGTON as a example there are three places with that name so a search of council records to find which one  can take weeks as a lot of A A W had closed by the early sixties today l have found a few ROYAL NAVY  MT units some thing l was not expecting one name that comes up is G W motors  who it seems operated  A A Ws but finding out were there head office was at the moment has eluded me. As to B131 I have not come across any reference at this time but the files l have got  has taken me four years to go through and lam only about half way through  but if l come across any  details l will let you know

REGARDS WALLY

Thanks Wally

Keep up the good work, it is very much appreciated and any news on B131  in the future would be good

Cheers

Richard

Thanks Wally for finding the B42, now I can add a bit history to my CGT. 

That's great research Wally,

I feel a book or small pamphlet needs to be published on what has been uncovered.

I have a vehicle that had a post-war overhaul at B269. Any information on B269?

Many thanks,

Alan

ALAN B 269 comes up a lot  mostly in connection with  AUSTIN CHAMPS  B 269 is  for  HENLEYs WESTON -SUPER -MARE  they had four sites in the south doing are range of rebuilds on various  makes of vehicles. As to a book to busy on the history of the MUSEUM OF ARMY  TRANSPORT with the help of a friend

REGARDS WALLY