CVRT seat removal

tankdiver

Im on with repairing the hand brake so for ease  I wanted to take out the drivers seat  . After several hours  trying to loosen the set allen screws fitted  by KING  KONG   it  still would not come out .On further inspection  I looked under the vehicle and found another  two bolts  going through the armored floor .  mmmm  british army why????  difficult / over the top/ crazy etc 

6 bolts to hold a seat  mad   anybody  else flustrated with  bad design

Laurence

All you need to do is remove the seat back and the height bungees at the rear,  remove the two nuts at the front of the sliders (in the drivers comp.) and pull the sliders off the studs, then operate the seat height adjuster which withdraws the locking bolts from the height adjuster bar. Then its a wiggle and a waggle to get it out. 

Don't blame the Army, we had to live with the products of Industry as well. The problem was that the guys who designed these vehicles were youngsters who had never set foot inside a military vehicle let alone had to work on one. By the time we got our hands on them for ease of maintenance assessments it was too late. Not sure if it is any better now.

41 minutes ago, DINGODOUG said:

I am now faced with the same problem on the Sabre. The carburettor needs adjusting which means taking the engine decks and front glacis off and also the engine bulkhead for a 2 minute job. Great

Doug,

To access the mixture screws on the carb you do not need to remove the engine bulkhead which is alongside the driver.

Unfortunately it was more then just that. The accelerator lever on the carb had worked loose and had been mangled so I had to get in and replace it and also remove the accelerator link which was too short. By lowering the seat right down after removing  the front fasteners and bungees I managed to tilt the bulkhead far enough to get access without removing it . The glacis was suspended from the front and tied to the roof so it was fairly safe.!! Job done and all back together.