Mk3iain

Eager Beaver steering box leak

I have an oil leak from the input seal on the steering box, having noticed oil coming out the top of the steering column.

The parts book only shows the box as a unit and does not show any internal detail or parts. I have sent an email to Adan Hydraulics as they are shown as manufacturer, but no reply yet. It's been nearly 50 years since they made it.

Has anyone dealt with these or got any information, I am not sure if it can be repaired?  All help appreciated.

Many thanks

Iain

I did manage to buy a new box from them about five years ago, about 250 quid I think. they were very helpful at the time.I wouldn't recommend trying to repair it as I understand it can go horribly wrong.However there are some clever people on here. 

Other vehicles also had them on but often different gearing, I once 'borrowed' one from a sugar beet harvester and needed twice as many revolutions of the steering wheel to get round.

Let's hope they still have one or can tell me how to fix it, I had hoped it would be a simple seal change :-/ 

Did you open up the one you removed?

Iain

20 hours ago, Zero-Five-Two said:

If all else fails you could try these guys.  I've used them in the past, good service and reasonable prices

PSS Steering and Hydraulics, North Walsham, Norfolk.  01692 406017  or  https://www.pss.co.uk/

Interesting company!

Thanks Rob